It should come as no surprise that we take our tooling very seriously here at Fullerton. Nothing makes us happier than a tool that can handle some serious chip loads while providing superior finishes. One of our tools that constantly delivers is our Fantom 2.0. The Fantom 2.0 is our second-generation end mill from our Fantom series and there is a whole lot to love about this end mill, so much that we've compiled a list of the 5 reasons why we love the Fantom 2.0 - and you should, too!
5 Reasons We Love the Fantom 2.0
1. Excels in Difficult Machining Materials We specifically designed the Fantom 2.0 to excel in difficult-to-machine materials. It's recommended for use in hardened steel, super alloys, stainless steel, and steel.
2. Robust Cutting Skills The Fantom 2.0 has enhanced edge strength that makes it a stable, robust cutter that allows for heavier chip loads and produces superior part finishes.
3. High Surface Speeds & Low Operating Temperatures The Fantom 2.0 is coated with our FC20 coating, this provides a low coefficient of friction and allows you to run the Fantom 2.0 with higher surface speeds and significantly lower operating cutting temperatures.
4. Documented 30% Increase in Tool Life When it comes to testing, the Fantom 2.0 has been up against a plethora of competitors, machining in a number of materials. The Fantom 2.0 continues to outperform in surface footage and parts per end mill, so much that we've had documented a 30% increase in tool life.
5. Recommended Across Industries Our Fantom 2.0 is a high-performance end mill that can be used across the board in multiple industries. We recommend the Fantom 2.0 for use in aerospace, automotive, firearms, heavy equipment, medical, mold and die, power generation, recreational, and small engine industries.
Have questions? Contact our Customer Service team at 800.248.8315 at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Live Chat button on the bottom-right-hand side and they'd be happy to help answer any questions you might have.